A five time award winning picture book for children ages 5-8.
GRANNY QUIGLEY has knitted a very unique sweater. To her surprise, every time she washes and dries the purple sweater with the white lace collar it grows . . . one size larger! What can she possibly do with a sweater that keeps growing? And will it ever stop growing? Ashley and Morgan, Granny's granddaughters, take charge of the situation in attempt to solve Granny's dilemma. The three travel the countryside looking for a home for the growing sweater. As the sweater grows unexpectedly for each new owner, Ashley and Morgan are more and more determined to find a proper home for such an unusual article of clothing. The surprise solution vibrantly and beautifully illustrated by Ben Quesnel ends up a delight to readers, making this award-winning fantasy tale an instant classic.
The Growing Sweater, hardcover book
- ISBN: 978-0-9830945-2-4
The book is signed by the author and the illustrator. If you would like the book personalized to the recipient, you can give us that information when you check out and go to pay.
• First Place, National Federation of Press Women At-Large Contest, April 2015.
• Third Place, NFPW Communications Contest, June 2015.
• A Mom's Choice® Silver Recipient, Feb. 2015.
• A Tassy Walden Award finalist, 2006.
• Co-First Place in a Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (Northeast) sponsored contest in 1993, as judged by Pat Cummings.
In 2007 the Growing Sweater story appeared in the EXPECTATIONS Anthology of Children's Literature published by Braille Institute: Doug Menville, editor.